Location: Hell’s Gate National Park, in Naivasha, Nakuru County
Distance from Nairobi: 125 km | Appoximate Transit Time: 2.5 Hrs
The trip involves active outdoor activities in the park with a late fish eating lunch at a local Lake Naivasha fish eating joint. The safari takes a whole day and it ideal for guests, friends & staff retreats, team building and family getaways. During the safari, guests enjoy the great views of the Lake Naivasha and the bordering flower farms
One of Kenya’s national park lying south of Lake Naivasha named after a narrow break in the cliffs, once a tributary of a prehistoric lake that fed early humans in the Rift Valley. Its home to a variety of wildlife, flora and over 100 species of birds have been sighted here. The park has two gates that are used by visitors; the main Elsa Gate and the Olkaria Gate. The latter also serves the Olkaria Geothermal Station that is located inside the National Park.
Hell’s Gate is known as the Lion King Movie Park or the Angelina Jolie acted movie Tomb Raiders -Cradle of mankind.
Some of the activities includes;
- Cycling in the park – Hells gate offers one of the best biking destination in a park close to Nairobi with bikes on hire at the gate. It offers perfect & fun walking safari while enjoying wildlife or riding a bike.
- Guided or solo walk to the gorges (optional)
- Swimming in the natural hot water pool in Ol Karia geothermal Spa
- Boat ride in Lake Naivasha (if time allows)
- Rock climbing (if time allows)
- Stop over at the Great Rift valley view point
- Stop over and entry into the smallest church in Kenya built by Italian prisoners of war
- Lunch (Fish Eating & Accompaniments)
- Team Building, networking, games & fun activities for groups
- Swimming at the Geothermal Spa, the largest natural spa in Africa
- Professional FREE Photography
- Gorge walk
- Wildlife viewing; Herds of giraffes, zebras, antelopes, buffalos and ostriches;
- Spectacular scenery including the towering cliffs, water-gouged gorges, stark rock towers, scrub clad volcanoes and belching plumes of geothermal steam which make it one of the most atmospheric Parks in Africa
What to see in the park: Fischer’s and Central Towers, Ol Njorowa Gorge, Ol Karia Geothermal Vents/Plant, Natural Geothermal Spa; Great views of the Lake Naivasha and the bordering flower farms