Nairobi boasts of being the only city in the world with a national Park. The park has a variety of wildlife including the big cats, giraffe, buffalos, zebras and others including the elephants.
Famous People Of Kenya
- The late Prof. Wangari Mathai She is the first African woman Nobel peace prize winner – As a Kenyan she was commitment to the environment. She was also the first African woman in East and Central Africa to earn a doctorate degree
- David Rudisha is the current Olympic and world record holder in the 800 metres, as well as the current Olympic Champion at the distance. Rudisha was the first person to run under 1:41.00 for the Olympic.
- Tegla Loroupe was also the first woman from Africa to win the New York City Marathon, which she has won twice.
- Paul Tergat – one of the most accomplished long-distance runners of all time is from Kenya.
- The first African black Oscar winner Lupita Nyong’o has roots in Kenya.
- America’s first black president Barrack Obama has roots in Kenya. His father was Kenyan